With over forty years’ experience in designing and creating metal labels and signs, we’ve become pretty good at it – we know you won’t be disappointed.
High Performance Labels to Protect your Products People, and Premises
Metal Image produces metal labels for your business.
Correct labelling of equipment in your workplace:
- helps you keep track of all your equipment and assets
- helps create and maintain a safer work environment, and
- enables you to comply with regulatory standards.
What Makes Metal Image Signs and Labels so Good
At Metal Image we offer two products, two technologies, and one tremendous result – your image embedded in anodised aluminium.
MetalPhoto – Black/Grey UV Stable | The Ultimate in Durable Product Identification
We use MetalPhoto print technology which embeds a silver-halide photographic image below the anodic layer of the aluminium. That means your sign:
- will survive the toughest environments where 20 year plus UV resistance is crucial.
- will be resistant to temperatures over 600oC.
- is available in standard or custom sizes
- is available in several gauges:
- from foil thin; perfect for die cutting tamperproof asset labels which usually include a sequential barcode. Thin gauges are easy to deboss – just use a ball point pen to permanently mark serial numbers or dates on site.
- to a robust self-supporting 0.80mm for serial plates and tags.
- can be cold pressure laminated up to 5mm thickness.
- can enhance the typically black plus grey print by overprinting in colour.
MetalPhoto Gauges + Applications
0.08mm Satin | Matte |
Great for die-cutting, this foil thin gauge forms well to rough or curved surfaces for adhesive performance. The perfect on-site marking solution, 0.08mm can be de-bossed to leave a permanent mark – a date, a model, a rating, anything! The low profile makes this a very difficult label to remove – ideal for tamper-evident asset registration and bar coding.
0.13mm Satin | Deadsoft
A tough general purpose gauge with lots of flexibility, yet good resistance to rips and scuffs. Low temper Deadsoft has the properties of aluminium, but it bends like lead so will not ‘ping’ away from a curved surface.
0.20mm Satin | Matte |
For the budget conscious the lightweight but robust 0.20mm offers the lowest prices, but retains all the durability.
General purpose gauge well suited to business cards, award plaques and other promotional items. Engraves well, readily forms to a gentle curve, and is able to have punched holes for mechanical mounting.
0.50mm Satin | Matte |
Our most popular gauge for ID and rating plates. Perfect for calibration tags or dog tags for your next team building exercise. Variable info can be stamped by you on site or use our EngravaPlate service.
0.80mm Satin |
Brilliant for self-supporting control panels or fascia with holes cut for inserts. Stays flat when fixed with rivets or screws for maximum security. Recommended for signs and plaques and labels where impact damage or vandalism is a risk.
EngravaPlate | Marking and Engraving Services
Our Plate Engraving Service is the easy way to add serial numbers and weight capacities to your pre-printed plates. No more running out of plates, we’ll guarantee supply in 2-3 days. Simply email us the information to be marked.
AliChroma | Full Colour High Resolution
AliChroma is sub-surface printed using a high resolution digital processes. The resulting 25 micron thick glass-clear, sapphire-hard anodic layer withstands abrasion, paint and chemicals.
- are resistant to moderate rates of UV exposure.
- can include sequential numbering, barcodes, variable information of any type and even colour photos.
- can include 30 standard colours.
- has very low set-up costs.
- is available in several gauges.
- can be laminated up to 5mm thickness where greater structural strength is required.
All that makes AliChroma perfect for mimic and control panels, certification plates, dog tags, and any type of metal nameplate.
AliChroma Gauges + Applications
Offers a low profile to resist picking at the corners. General purpose gauge well suited to business cards, award plaques and promotional items. A tough general purpose gauge, but still with some flex for gentle curves.
0.50mm Satin | Matte
The all-rounder, 0.50mm is our most popular gauge for ID and rating plates. Readily cuts to shape and is able to have punched holes for mechanical mounting. Pressure laminate up to 5mm for structural applications. Lowest prices in the AliChroma range.
Recommended for signs, plaques and labels where impact damage or vandalism is a risk. Won’t bend under moderate pressure, perfect if you are stamping your own variable information. Up to 25 micron thick anodic layer for increased abrasion resistance in heavy industry applications.
Brilliant for self-supporting control panels or fascia with holes cut for inserts. Stays flat when fixed with rivets or screws for maximum security. Makes a great ID tag for luggage, sets of keys, tool boxes and fuel cans around the boat, car or workshop.
EngravaPlate | Marking and Engraving Services
Take advantage of ordering your base plates printed in durable anodised aluminium, then have us add your variable information on demand. You just email the data you require to be engraved and we’re onto it – looks professional, it’s quick, easy and extremely cost efficient.
Enquire with our friendly team about how this service works or other materials we can engrave.